Wednesday, April 02, 2014

A Step in the Right Direction

Today was a bit more like it. Not 100%, mind you, but still a big step in the right direction. I think I'm turning the corner after the flu and subsequent shaking off of the rust.

The soleus muscles felt considerably better than they did last week and earlier this week. Probably 85% better? My energy is also on the rebound. Today's effort felt about 90-95% of where it should be. Excellent.

So, very encouraging. Tomorrow will feature some interval work. I suspect it'll go just fine. In fact, I'm rather looking forward to it. Friday will likely be 5-7 miles at an easy pace. Saturday, 15-17 miles and Sunday around 5 miles.

Ran 7.1 miles @ 7:29/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 40s, overcast.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt, cap.

All hail Les Claypool:

No comments: