Tuesday, July 02, 2013

River Run

It seems much less common lately that I actually look forward to a run. Today was an exception though, as close to fifteen miles on the roads down to the Saco River and back seemed like it would be fun. 

And it was. I did have some GI issues in the first half and could feel and hear my stomach sloshing but that went away in the second half and things were much more pleasant. 

Fortunately, the weather was relatively cool and it was raining off and on. Good run all in all. I just wanted to run at whatever pace would allow me to finish comfortably to give myself a mental boost and I think I succeeded there. 

On a side note, wrote an email to Saucony about my Kinvara TRs blowing out on me during the Presi traverse and provided some pictures. Looking forward to their response. 

Ran 14.8 miles @ 8:10/mile pace. 
Paved roads. 
Moderately hilly. 
Around 60 degrees, overcast, intermittent light rain and mist. 
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap. 

No comments: