Friday, July 12, 2013

Breaking in the Saucony Peregrine 3


I usually get a full spring/summer out of a pair of trail shoes, often extending their use into winter by converting them to screw shoes or using them for snowshoe racing. So, when the Kinvara TR prematurely blew out during the Presi Traverse last month, I was pretty disappointed. Thankfully, Saucony agreed to replace them with a pair of Peregrine 3s.

Broke them in a little this evening. Putting it briefly, they appear to be very sturdy and I fully suspect they'll be with me for a while. Trail conditions were pretty muddy and I was pretty stoked they gripped very well in the slop. I'll do a more extensive review after another month or so.

So, confidence is high. I love Saucony's road shoes and have gotten awesome mileage and performance out of their Kinvara series and now the Virratas. Huge, huge fan so I want to like their trail shoes too. I suspect these Peregrine's won't disappoint. They'll get a good test this Sunday at the Bradbury Scuffle.

Ran 3.5 miles @ 9:07/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Around 70 degrees, partly cloudy.
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.


1 comment:

Admin said...

My first Peregrine 3 trail runners are still going 12 months after buying them. These have been worn anywhere from twice to four times per week for runs averaging 10 – 20 km’s.