Friday, July 12, 2013

Bad or Good Start to the Morning?

I slept like a baby last night, getting in nearly 10 hours of sleep and I didn't wake up until 7:30am. Very late for me. Why is that so bad? Well, the weather is now perfect... cool, dry air is in place and it would have been nice to wake up earlier and take advantage of it.

It worked out well though. I didn't really feel like running anyway. Weird how that's been lately, my motivation just comes and goes regardless of the weather, but then again I suppose that's totally normal with no goal race(s) on the horizon. Truth be told, as awesome as the Bradbury Trail Race series is, I kind of wish I hadn't signed up for it. Just not feeling very competitive these days, I'm preferring just running when I feel like it, at least for now.

That all being said, it was a lot of fun running with Kate this morning. We just took it easy and I stayed with her at her pace. Good times, it's always nice to run with her. We just enjoyed the morning and chatted... well, I chatted. The pace was much easier for me and I had a captive audience since I didn't have to breath hard. She should feel lucky I avoided talking about fly fishing. :-)

Ran 2.9 miles @ 11:53/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 60s, sunny.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: