Thursday, March 28, 2013

Not Expecting the Unexpected

I thought there would be a lot less snow on the trails in the woods out back. I was wrong. Dead wrong. I wish I had wore the snowshoes. Seriously.

First 8/10's of a mile were on unbroken trail in over a foot of snow. That was hard work and slow going. Then I hit a snowmobile trail that was much more manageable but I was still surprised at the lack of bare spots.

I would think that with a week of warmer weather and some light rain yesterday that there'd be more bare ground but looks like we'll have to wait a while. So be it. Still nice to be out in the woods.

Ran 4.5 miles @ 11:01/mile pace.
Trails, foot of unbroken snow to packed trails.
Very hilly.
Upper 40s, partly sunny.
New Balance MT110, shorts, short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: