Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Next Up: Pineland Farms 50M

Did a short trail run in the woods out back. Purpose was to keep the legs loose. I still felt a little sore from last weekend, and the heart rate data was a little on the high side. However, neither all that bad and I expect I'll be good to go for the Pineland Farms 50-miler on Sunday.

My primary goal is to beat last year's time of 8:33:41. If the weather forecast holds (currently a high of around 70), it'll make it easier to do so. Feeling pretty good about it all in all. Just planning on one more short run either tomorrow or Friday and that's it before the race.

Worth noting I came across an old pile of moose poop during the trail run. First time I've ever seen any evidence of moose back there. The poop was old, probably from last fall, so hard to say if it's still around.

Ran 3.8 miles @ 9:38/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 143/159
Trails.
Very hilly.
Mid 70s, partly cloudy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Jamie, it was nice meeting you in person at MMT. Glad Stephen had a good run. Good Luck at Pineland!

Dawn A said...

Hi Jamie,

You won't recognize me but Steve Nelson is coming as my support/cheering crew, so hopefully we'll see you there. I read your blog often.

Dawn

Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Jamie your ambition and level of conditioning is remarkable. Great training and good luck in the race.