Friday, May 08, 2009

Back Cove in New Shoes

I picked up a pair of Brooks Cascadia 3's this afternoon and took them out for a run at the Back Cove. I thought I was buying the Cascadia 4's, but it doesn't matter, as these fit me fine. What's strange is that I tried on a pair of the Cascadia 3's a year ago and they didn't seem to fit. However, today they felt perfect. Wierd.

They felt a little stiff at first, but I didn't really notice that after the first mile. From then on, they felt great. Very comfortable shoe and the run itself went well. The quick pace came easily and I wanted to keep it up for longer, but I reminded myself I'm in a taper and have a longer run planned for tomorrow. I hate tapering.

Ran 3.6 miles @ 6:50/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 159/172
Trails.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 70s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

pathfinder said...

I have Cascadia 3s and really like them.....funny thing though, if I remember correctly, I got them on your recomendation last fall. (I thought?) weren't you wearing them at Bradbury East 12 miler??

I guess it doesn't ....who ever recomended them was surely right!

middle.professor said...

Back Cove is good for going fast. Big endorphin rush.