Saturday, February 23, 2008

Moooo-ving Along

Felt that I was recovered enough from my cough to go for a run today. Felt good to do so, but at the same time going any further could have been pushing it. Nice day also with sunny skies and just a light wind. Roads were in okay shape. We got another 5" of snow yesterday evening, and the shoulders were pretty slushy and narrow in spots, but overall not bad.

I took the back roads up the ridge to get in some hills and also avoid traffic. On the way up, I saw a guy walking two young cows wearing a double yoke alongside the road. I stopped and talked with him a bit. Turns out he was getting them out for some exercise. I didn't ask, but I presume it's because of the amount of snow cover and their younger, shorter legs made it difficult for them to move around.

Reached the three mile mark and turned around and went back the way I came. I picked up the pace in the last mile, hitting that split in 7:00. It felt smooth and effortless, which was good.

Overall, the HR was pretty high. Probably best to ease back into things a bit here and not try to be a hero.

Ran 6.1 miles @ 7:39/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 160/179
Paved roads with patches of slush.
Very hilly.
30 degrees, sunny.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, refl. vest, beanie, gloves (on and off)

1 comment:

Devon said...

glad you are feeling better!