Sunday, October 06, 2013

Smooth and Controlled

My hell week is over and I viewed this run as a celebration. Exceptionally busy/crazy week, but mostly for good stuff, like the Maine Festival of Champions cross country meet in Belfast yesterday. Lot's of PRs, and our girl's team did especially well, finishing in 17th out of 51 scoring teams. Stoked.

So, today so far is about being a little selfish. I went fishing, ran some errands and then headed out for a run. The fishing sucked, but the run went awesome. I did a hilly 5.6 mile route and I felt strong, in control and energetic. It felt easy. I was a little surprised by that, given the lack of eating and running around like a mad man yesterday at the meet, screaming directions to our runners and what not. I was wiped when I got home, but I guess a good night's sleep did me some good.

GPS went a bit bonkers at the beginning, but it's safe to say I had a solid progression. Very happy with how I'm coming along and that I apparently have the heel problems licked. Will continue to stick with roads for now until I get a new pair of trail shoes.

Ran 5.6 miles @ 7:16/mile pace.
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 50s, overcast, light intermittent rain.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: