Thursday, October 31, 2013

6.1 for 6-1


Some fun with numbers today. Ran 6.1 miles to honor the Red Sox 6-1 win last night over the Cardinals to win the World Series. So... frickin... PUMPED they won! I stayed up late to watch the entire game and despite being pretty wiped at work today, I didn't regret it one bit. So stoked!

The exact mileage wasn't planned, but I realized I could hit it when I had a few miles left. Just made the run a little more fun.

And a huge improvement from yesterday. The shoulder blade mysteriously felt 100% by yesterday evening. Easy come, easy go. Legs were a little heavy today though, but I muse that's from the lack of sleep last night and also a sub-par (but not horrible) diet. No worries.

Weather tomorrow looks very interesting. Lot's of rain and crazy wind but would like to still get in something, even though I'm allowed to still take a second rest day this week. The Twin Brooks course will be pretty sloppy for the state championship cross country meet on Saturday, but our girls team is raring to go and I have a feeling they're going to do awesome.

Ran 6.1 miles @ 8:01/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 40s, overcast, light rain.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, windbreaker (shed after two miles), long sleeved shirt.

No comments: