Sunday, April 08, 2012

Taper Worms

The head cold this past week has been a distraction of sorts. I was pretty focused on getting over it. Still have a lingering cough and some stuffiness, but a very good sign is that none of it is (or ever was) green or brown (sorry if that's gross) which means no infections (here's another parenthetical for good measure).

But now that I'm feeling healthier the taper worms are settling in. The legs feel springy and fresh and thinking of Boston while I'm running only causes me to pick up the pace. I have to be mindful of dialing it back down. Good signs.

Had a brief bout of sleet fall about a mile into the run, despite it being in the mid-40's this afternoon. That was pretty neat. Speaking of weather, all eyes are on the forecast for raceday. As of right now, not looking too shabby, but of course it'll still flip-flop quite a bit over the next eight days.

Ran 6.4 miles @ 9:18/mile pace.
Trails, fire roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 40s, overcast, brief period of sleet/light rain, breezy.
New Balance MT110, shorts, long sleeved shirt, cap.

2 comments:

unstrung said...

eight days!!!!!! i am going to start my barrage of good luck comments right now. gooooood luck!!!!

mindy said...

Yay!! I will add to the good luck barrage! Good luck!!