Saturday, April 28, 2012

Runnin' and Cheerin'

A very fun day down in Massachusetts at the TARC Spring Classic trail races. Kate and several other Trail Monsters were running and I went down to cheer and crew for everyone. And when I wasn't doing that, I was hanging out a lot with Ryan, grilling sausages and having a few beverages.

I also went for a run, deciding to do the 10K loop in reverse. That was fun, as I was able to see all of the runners and cheer them on. A lot of the trail was single track, so I was mindful to be diligent about stepping way off the trail well before runners reached me. I didn't want anyone to worry "Is that dude going to yield to me when we get closer?"

I got a bit lost out there. It's not as easy following an unfamiliar course backwards as it is forwards and I obviously missed some signs. That was alright though, the bonus mileage was a bit nice and the legs felt pretty great.

Big congrats to Kate for finishing in a little under seven hours despite not getting in much training, and a bit congrats to Danielle who finished the 50K in 4:51:XX. Blaine also rocked it but I forget his time. Christine, Nathan, George and Ann also did well. Obviously a great race put on by the Trail Animal Running Club, who were awesome, friendly hosts!

Ran 9.6 miles @ 9:36/mile pace.
Trails.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 40s to mid 50s, sunny.
New Balance MT110, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Sparkplug said...

Thanks for cheering us all on down there, Jamie!