Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sanford XC Course

Just realized that this is my third consecutive run on race courses... without racing them. Today? Our home high school XC course. I ran a mile warmup as the team arrived and then I ran with the varsity runners as they did locomotive sprints, which equated to a three mile tempo pace for me.

After practice was over, I hit the course again. The course goes through an apple orchard and the adjacent woods, and two miles in I saw what I thought was a very strange looking siamese cat running up the trail ahead of me. When it turned to duck into the woods, I thought "man, that cat has an odd shaped, long body" and then it hit me that it wasn't a cat, but either a weasel or a pine marten.  I stopped at the spot where it ducked into the woods to try and spot it again, but no luck. However, as I was looking, a barred owl hooted in the distance. Cool. 

Ran 7.1 miles @ 8:18/mile pace. 
Trails. 
Moderately hilly. 
Mid 60s, overcast, muggy. 
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, short sleeved shirt. 

No comments: