Monday, September 05, 2011

Another Successful Test

I'm a bit pleasantly baffled at how two days ago I thought I could be potentially be going on the DL with my left knee. Over the past two days, it's only gotten better and better. Glad it was just apparently some soft tissue tightness that has since loosened up.

Following yesterday's successful trail run, I thought I'd hit a short but hilly road route as another test. Took the first two miles easy and then after that I let the pace get a little faster. Didn't let it rip, but just a notch or two quicker.

I think it's smart to continue with short runs (5-8 miles) at an easy to moderate pace for much of the week. Two related reasons: A) to ensure proper recovery B) to make sure I'm going into Sunday's 12-mile trail race (Bradbury Bruiser) with legs that are ready.

Ran 5.7 miles @ 7:23/mile pace.
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Around 80 degrees, partly sunny, humid.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts.

No comments: