Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Running in the Rain

After a very busy day putting the final touches on getting my classroom and curriculum ready for when students start tomorrow, followed by a staff meeting and then XC practice, I was ready for a little "me" time on a hilly route from the school. Adding to the ambience was a cold and steady moderate to light rain throughout the run, which made it pretty Zen. I guess finding comfort in otherwise dreary conditions makes me a bit of a Goth at heart...

Temperature was 57F/14C throughout, so combined with the rain it was pretty chilly. I was actually kind of cold for the first mile or so, but then once I started hitting some of the hills, I felt pretty warm and comfortable. Good little run and had to remind myself to slow down at times, which is always a good sign. Ended up with a moderate pace, but keeping the pace easy for the three days leading up to the Bruiser would probably be wise.

Ran 8.4 miles @ 7:28/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
57 degrees, overcast, moderate to light rain.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: