Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Turtle Pee

It was a beautiful afternoon out, with temps in the lower to mid 70s, sunshine and low humidity with a nice breeze blowing. Was very happy to hit the railroad trails from the school after work was done and get out and enjoy the weather.

My legs felt tired from yesterday's interval workout. That's normal and I anticipated that being the case, so I kept the pace easy.

About halfway through, I saw a fully grown eastern painted turtle in the middle of the trail. This trail sees quite a bit of ATV traffic, so I picked it up and moved it safely off to the side. In doing so, the bastard peed on me. Hey, thanks for that little guy. You're welcome for potentially saving your life.

Tomorrow looks to be much warmer, and not sure what I'm going to run. Will play things by ear.

Ran 8.2 miles @ 8:20/mile pace.
Trails, some paved paths.
Slightly hilly.
Lower-mid 70s, sunny.
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: