Thursday, June 16, 2011

Semi-Progression Run

Hot out today with the temps getting close to 90F/32C, but at least the humidity remained low for much of the day. Still, with a busy day at work involving a lot of remodeling of the studio of my media classroom, I opted to come home and take a nap to recharge a bit which had the duel purpose of letting the temps come down a little before I ran.

When I left the house, it was 85 but with a low humidity with a percentage in the upper 20s, but in the course of 40 minutes while I ran, the temp dropped four degrees but the humidity had climbed to a percentage in the lower 50s. It was definitely noticeable during the run.

Diet wasn't the best today (snacked on too many cheez-its during the day and mowed down a large chocolate and almond bar when I got home), so I felt sluggish at first, but better as the run went on. Splits ended up being 7:44, 7:54, 7:19, 7:11, 6:49 and a 6:15/mile pace for the last half mile. Should mention that the last half of the route is downhill, so easy to pick up the pace.

Worth noting the deer flies were out, but weren't so bad. Far cry from how bad they were at this time last season. They only really tapped my head during the dirt road stretch, and weren't too bad.

Ran 5.5 miles @ 7:18/mile pace.
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Mid to lower 80s, sunny.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts.

2 comments:

middle.professor said...

wow, were we in two different parts of the country? I started my run about 5PM and it was hot and humid - I was drenched. But no deer flies!

Scout said...

Spot and I had deer flies on her walk, but, your right, nothing like last year at this time.