Tuesday, June 07, 2011

A Stitch in Time

Stigmata
Went to my doctor today for the follow-up appointment after the hand impalement incident. I thought I would be getting the stitches out today, but she said not for another week and a half. However, the bandages are off and I'm cleared to run. She strongly advised me against running the past several days because the hand would get sweaty under the bandages and risk infection, not to mention just get uncomfortable, so I obliged.

So, now that I only need band-aids to cover the stitches and it's healing up nicely, I hit the trails when I got home and ran the 4.5 mile trail-version of the dump loop. Felt a bit rusty, especially in that first mile, but all in all not bad at all. Just kept the pace slow and let the mind wander. Very pleasant run, I do declare.

Worth noting the deer flies are now out. I actually felt them flying around my head during the 50-miler last week. Like then, today they weren't really a nuisance and only out in the open areas. Not much harassment from them and I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Ran 4.5 miles @ 9:19/mile pace.
Trails and a one mile section of dirt road.
Very hilly.
Mid 70s, partly cloudy, somewhat humid.
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

1 comment:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

He's alive, ALIVE!!!