Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Return to Interval Work

Ah, the track. If I had to run on it every workout, I'd go nuts. But doing it once every week or two, I actually enjoy it. The benefits from it are great, so I was happy to return to it today.

I haven't done any interval work since the Boston training cycle, so in order to ease back into it I opted for doing just five reps of 800 meter repeats with 400 meters of active recovery. That amounts to a shorter recovery time compared to what the full 10 rep Yasso workout calls for, but with only five reps on tap it made it intense but not too much so.

Went well. Better than expected actually. Hit the splits in 2:55, 3:00, 3:00, 2:57 and 2:54. Didn't feel too labored of an effort either, despite a mighty wind.

Oh yeah, got the stitches out of my hand today. The tendon in the thumb still feels really tight and a bit painful, so some physical therapy work is now on tap. I suspect it'll be fine though.

w/u - Ran 1.0 mile @ 7:24/mile pace.
5 X 800M w/ 400M active recovery.
c/d - Ran 1.0 mile @ 9:17/mile pace.

Mid 50s, overcast, windy, misting at the end.
Brooks Mach 11, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Nice dude. I'll have to get on tap with ya on some of those workouts. They sound fulfilling.