Monday, May 10, 2010

Finally...

Bad weather and busy schedules got in the way of biking the past several days. Finally a break in the weather today, and got in a fun ride in cool weather. The wind helped make it feel chilly and I actually considered stopping to put on my windbreaker (which I carried in a backpack). But once I hit a long, uphill technical section, I was sweating, and tempted to push up the sleeves on my long sleeved shirt.

After that climb and about four or five miles in, the rest of the route was pretty easy. Long downhill on a dirt road where you're over 20 mph for about a mile without even trying.. some paved roads, some trails, some paved roads, some fire roads, some trails, then home.

Mountain biked 11.6 miles @ 10.5 mph/avg (23.4 mph/max).
Trails, fire roads, dirt roads, some paved roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 50s, partly cloudy, windy.
Shorts, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: