Saturday, May 22, 2010

10k Hike to Test the Foot

I hiked 6.2 miles in the woods out back, curious how the foot would hold up.  Truth be told, I was a bit disappointed.  Whenever I stepped on a rock or root with the left foot, I could feel the dull ache of the stress fracture still.  It wouldn't linger long, but that's still not a good sign.

That being said, it wasn't a complete disaster.  It's now several hours after the hike and the foot doesn't feel aggravated.  I had planned to start running again next week, perhaps starting with 2-3 slow miles.  I may adjust that to a 1-2 mile alternating run/walk and keep on even terrain.

Judging by today, I may have to wait a little bit longer for things to come around.  Disappointing, but I'm super thankful I can at least mountain bike and I'm having a lot of fun with that.

1 comment:

Scout said...

Sorry to hear it wasn't as far along as you hoped. So good you like to bike : )