Saturday, May 01, 2010

Best Ride Yet

Several reasons why:
- Despite feeling sluggish and tired the first mile, I shook it off and rode relatively fast and hard.
- Weather was awesome.
- Covered a lot of ground.
- Successfully bunny hopped over half a dozen logs and cleared them entirely (granted they weren't too thick).
- Was able to stop home at the halfway point and finally locate and fix an annoying squeek.
- Charged technical sections, especially on the downhills, harder and faster than previous rides.

Only bad part of the ride was that a trail I was exploring ended up on a road, and I rode pavement for about three miles, but no big deal.

Also, been riding with shin guards the past two days. Good peace of mind with the platform pedals.

Mountain biked 15.8 miles @ 9.1 mph/avg (24.9 mph/max).
Trails, fireroads, some paved roads.
Very hilly.
Lower to upper 70s, partly cloudy.
Shorts, sleeveless shirt.

2 comments:

sn0m8n said...

Shin guards? Pic of your bike on your desktop that you staring longingly at? This love affair with the bike has officially gone way too far. You need to start running again. You're THIS close to becoming a mountain biker.

Jamie Anderson said...

I know... but it's keeping my sanity until I can run again in about a month! I'm curious how much running rust the biking is keeping off. I know I'll definitely have stronger quads for running the downhills, at least.