Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pineland Farms

Fun run today at Pineland Farms with the gang. Had I have known the trails were consistently coated with sleet and snow, I might have opted to wear my Adidas Adizero XTs if I had brought them. But the minimalistic shoes I'm testing out still performed just fine.

Was really nice to see Jeff running again, as he's bouncing back from a stress fracture. Homeboy played it very smart, stopping at just over three miles and walking back to the parking lot, per his plan for easing back into it. He'll be back in no time.

We did the longer side in it's entirety, and then Ian, Blaine and I hit the other side of the road to tack on a couple more miles to bring us into double digit mileage for the day. Good day. We all just kept the pace easy and enjoyed the trails.

Afterwards, coffee and treats at the visitor center before heading our separate ways home. Stopped at Trader Joe's on the way back, and I think I've now accumulated enough food from there to last me until Christmas.

Ran 10.3 miles @ 8:53/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 144/173
Trails, coated with sleet.
Very hilly.
Mid 20s to mid 30s, sunny.
X-shoes, long pants, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.


2 comments:

ashleyjane36 said...

Looks like I need to be ready for a lot of hills a lot sooner than MDI. Oi.

Jamie Anderson said...

Yes ma'am, but if you throw in bunch of hilly runs or do hill repeats, you'll be a-okay.