Saturday, June 13, 2009

Good Recovery Day

I actually felt a little beat up when I woke up this morning after last night's run. I knew whatever I did today needed to be in the spirit of recovery with Western States being so close (holy crap, just two weeks now). The perfect idea came when Neighbor Kate called asking me about a trail loop and I offered to tag along and show her.

We took it easy and the result was a perfect recovery run/hike with a nice, low heart rate. The creaks I were feeling this morning disappeared throughout the trek. Just a slightly sore right ankle that has been around since the beginning of the week, but it's not a big deal. I'll give it another run tomorrow and if it's still a bit of a bother, will go with being overly cautious and rest it a few days just to be sure.

Worth noting the deer flies were very scarce. Not a nuisance at all the couple of occasions when they were present. Normally they're out in full force by now. Perhaps the somewhat cooler weather the past few weeks has kept them at bay? Regardless, they are not missed.

Ran 4.6 miles @ 14:29/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 111/136
Trails, dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 70s, partly cloudy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for running with me.... or I should say, thanks for walking alongside of me as I jogged slowly. It was nice to have company out there and I'm excited to now have a new trail to run.

Damon said...

The black flies were brutal in the mountains here today - not enough wind to keep them at bay.

We couldn't stop to take a break without getting swarmed, even above 4000 feet.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

ummm where is the cup on the top of your hat -- lol

two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See ya soon Bro