Saturday, April 07, 2007

Pineland Farms

Ran 8.7 miles @ 9:04/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 152/172
Trails coated with packed snow.
Extremely hilly.
Lower-mid 20s, sunny.

I met up with my friend Ian at Pineland Farms for some trail running, but neither of us were sure if it'd be possible because of the snow storm we got a few days ago. I brought along my XC skis just in case, Ian his snowshoes, and an extra pair for me if we deemed that was the route we'd go (I own a pair, but they're essentially boats. Not good for running). Turns out the trails were packed down enough so we ran.

The hills were of course buttkickers and even though the snow was packed, it still made the going slower but at the same timed provided a great workout. I was pleased with how I did overall, though the knee does feel pretty darn sore and will need some rest. Ian planned on a much longer run, so I left him to that once I got in the mileage I wanted to do. Good day.

2 comments:

Love2Run said...

Nice to see you out and about in this nice spring weather (ha, ha!) Take care of that knee.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

I imagine that the uneven nature of running on a snow covered trail aided in agrivating the knee. But hey, you are out there putting in the miles, and that is good.

I think we hit April and have bounced back into March.