Saturday, April 21, 2007

Bandages Off, Walking Without Crutches

Recovery is going great! I'm in no real pain and the only thing I really feel is some general soreness in the knee. I also don't have to wear the water cast anymore, though I might still for a few days only because I can fill it with ice water and that can only help reduce the swelling. I can walk comfortably on it now, though range of motion is somewhat stiff. Good timing, as spring has finally arrived and I'm itching to get outside and enjoy the weather!

Today I was able to remove the bandages for the first time and get a look at it. It's still a bit swollen, but nothing out of the ordinary. I was amazed at how small the three incisions were. So small that stitches weren't even required. I have a follow-up appointment with the doctors on Wednesday, and will have a better idea exactly when I can start running again at that point, but I suspect it'll be by very early May.

Left knee is the one that was operated on:


Here are some pics of the torn meniscus, starting at the middle row to the left. I shredded it pretty good! Note how it folded in on itself on the bottom middle picture:

2 comments:

MB said...

pretty obvious which knee was operated on, doesn't look pretty, take it easy and cross-train

cked out your forum, cool, hope it does well

Anonymous said...

I can't figure out anything on the scope pictures. You should add arrows and labels.
Glad to hear that you are healing quickly. It's odd to not see you out running.