Monday, March 31, 2014

Short Tempo

We had a lot of sleet this morning. A lot. Like several inches a lot. Normally periods of sleet are fleeting and change either to snow or rain after a while. Not this morning. It was a total, full-on, psychobilly sleet out.

I opted to hit one of my winter routes (neighborhood roads with low speed limits and traffic) which was the right choice. Roads were pretty clear and I decided somewhat on the fly to try a tempo pace.

It went.... okay. My soleus muscles are still pretty sore and that was distracting. As a result, I cut it from an already conservative four miles to three. Energy was... okay. I suspect later in the week will be better though. This one's optimistic.

Tomorrow off as planned. Open water season, and there's trout to be had.

w/u: Ran 2.0 miles @ 7:45/mile pace.
Ran 3.0 miles @ 6:42/mile pace.
c/d: Ran 2.9 miles @ 8:01/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 30s, overcast, breezy.
Saucony Virrata, long tights, windbreaker (for w/u), long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: