Monday, March 03, 2014

Catching Up

Saturday was the U.S. National Snowshoe Championship. It was awesome. Full report coming in the next day or two, but I was very pleased with my performance and had an absolute blast.

Rewinding a bit, yesterday I ran a short recovery run just to loosen up the legs. Uneventful and my legs felt pretty good, but still kept it at true recovery pace.

Ran 3.2 miles @ 8:46/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 30s, overcast.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, fleece pullover, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

Today's run was after work. An anticipated easy pace but the legs felt awesome so I let the pace come down a bit. Tomorrow will be short and easy. Wednesday a longer tempo, and will see how I feel after that and make adjustments.

Ran 7.5 miles @ 7:15/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Around 20 degrees, partly sunny.

There. Now I feel much better. I guess it might be obvious that I'm a chronic journaler and maybe am a bit obsessive about doing so. I've always been this way, but getting very busy the past few days has interfered and it really stressed me out. But our little quirks is what makes us the unique individuals that we are. I'll be able to fully exhale once the race report is up.

No comments: