Friday, December 13, 2013

Time Management, Life and Beards

Past two days off. One day was unavoidable, the other wasn't. The one that was avoidable was two days ago. I felt exhausted at the end of the school day, something that must stop. This can be remedied in a few ways: More sleep at night and/or divulging in an extra cup of coffee during my lunch break (I normally drink two cups in the early morning). I thought of that on the drive home after bailing. Another option is I could suck at my job and just give my students worksheets or something to conserve energy but that's not how I roll.

Yesterday, Kate was really sick. No way I would run. After a trip to the doctor we didn't get home until after 6pm (she's fine now). I totally don't mind skipping a run for matters like that obviously... some things in life are more important. Still, when in conjunction with an avoidable day off like two days ago, it does make one antsy.

This all being said, at this stage such things are acceptable, but time is quickly running out where they won't be. Those avoidable extra rest days are like that friend in college who would crash on your couch "for a few days".

So, for today... I had that cup of coffee during my lunch break. It worked. Ran a road route that goes up and over Mt. Hope. Felt strong and super. It was cold and the wind bit hard. I was thankful for my thick, manly beard. It is a well known fact that thick, manly beards are a 100% organic way of keeping one's face warm when running in winter conditions. If you haven't grown your thick, manly beard yet... well... what are you waiting for.

Ran 11.1 miles @ 7:59/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Lower 20s, partly sunny, breezy.
Saucony Virrata, long tights, fleece pullover, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves, thick manly beard.

No comments: