Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Hilly Trails

Not really feeling rusty despite that week off. Good. Great easy paced run in the woods out back this afternoon. Much cooler weather and quite windy as well. No deer flies yet either. This is good.

Stopped at the stream and watched some fish hitting the surface. Probably just chubs, but could be brookies as well. On a lazy day, will bring my fly rod here and find out. However, I'd rather spend the dedicated fishing time on something larger with more opportunities.

Planning on taking tomorrow off so I don't do too much. Would like a proper ramp up here. However, given the past two days, I'm considering doing a speed workout on Thursday. I've neglected the fast stuff lately, so hitting the track would be smart.

I've decided to give myself some goals. Since I'm registered for all three Bradbury races, the goal will to be to PR for each race. Not concerned about placing or beating anyone in particular, at least not at this point. A lot more control can be on PR-ing though, so that's what I'm going after.

Ran 7.4 miles @ 9:40/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Mid 60s, partly cloudy, windy.
Saucony Kinvara TR, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.


No comments: