Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Still Alive

Just a quick update on things. On the ankle front, after a lot of unneeded ballyhoo with the primary care doctor, I FINALLY got the referral to the sports doctor. Appointment is on July 31st so the long wait continues. While the sitting around and waiting part sucks, at the same time it's clear the ankle still needs some rest. Still, it'll be nice to know what's going next week and develop a subsequent game plan.

In the meantime, I crewed for some friends at the Vermont 100 this past weekend. I was primarily crewing for a friend of mine from Cleveland, Steve, but there were plenty of chances to jump in and help my fellow Trail Monster Running compadres as well. Not so desirable outcomes for most, but that's sometimes the case with ultras, or any race for that matter. If all races went well, it'd get boring pretty quickly.

I'll write a full report on that in a few days. Steve actually wants me to do a report on him and has asked me about it a couple of times. He insists on me being brutally honest (hee hee). Steve did go sub-24 for the buckle, but it was close (23:46:22). The whip had to be cracked several times to get him going. The gory details soon...

4 comments:

Laurel said...

It was good seeing you at Vermont. I'm glad Steve made it in under 24. I thought he would tough it out, he didn't look even close to throwing in the towel when I saw him hurting on the trail.

Lalaith Means Laughter said...

some how we missed meeting up...I am sure there will be another race where we can say hello...congrats on your friend getting the sub 24!!!!

mindy said...

Glad you're finally getting in to the sports doc even if it is 9 more days. Just think - all this time you've been waiting is healing time, so if it's a sfx you'll have to do even less prison time. Looking forward to the VT report!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Injury suck1