Thursday, March 06, 2008

Long Hills

We are gaining three minutes of daylight in my area each day now, and it sure is welcome. Even with a meeting with my grad school professor after I was done teaching today, I had little worries about having to finish the run in the dark. It's nice. And we'll be gaining more daytime in the evenings after the clocks "spring forward" this weekend.

The route I did featured some longer and more gradual climbs and subsequent descents than I normally do. I really enjoyed this. I was particularly pleased to feel my sore quads on the downhills. They got a good workout the previous two days on the elliptical. I want to get them stronger for Western States 100, so I think my plan is working.

Speaking of Western States, I booked my airline tickets and reserved a rental car. I was quite happy to get a great deal on both. I'm also officially registered for the Vermont 100. It's going to be a great summer!

Ran 12.0 miles @ 8:05/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 147/164
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 40s falling to upper 30s. Sunny.
Long pants, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, cap.

1 comment:

mindy said...

This extra light is so fantastic. Can't wait to turn forward the clocks! Awesome that your WS100 adventure is starting to take shape!