Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Break in the Weather

Despite light snow for much of the day, it cleared up by early afternoon. Fortunately, the roads were clear and what fell didn't really seem to add much to what is still blanketing the grounds. Was pretty warm out to boot and I felt overdressed until the sun ducked back into the clouds during the latter part of the run.

Legs felt very heavy for the first three miles or so. After they got warmed up, it was cake. Very pleased once again with the low heart rate.

Ran 11.1 miles @ 8:28/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 138/151
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
40 degrees, mostly cloudy.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, refl. vest, cap.

1 comment:

mindy said...

Thank goodness the snow was mild - not sure how much more of this I can take. What is it about the first three miles of a run, sometimes I wish I could fast forward through that part till I'm warmed up. Nice run!