Saturday, June 02, 2007

20 Miler

Ran 20.0 miles @ 8:27/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 154/172
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
80 degrees, very humid.

I ran my 10 mile loop twice, getting in twenty miles. Felt really good. First 17 miles were a breeze, but the last three were a bit tough and I ran/walked that last stretch. It didn't help much that the diluted Gatorade I drank at the halfway mark settled in my stomach and my body didn't want to absorb it. I'm surprised I didn't barf. Also very hot out, and I haven't done this distance in a while. However, I'm quite pleased all things considered. This route is uphill for four straight miles during one stretch, and I had to do that twice. Nice to know the remaining rust is disappearing faster than donuts on Rosie O'Donnell's plate.


Runner NYC said...

I'm so glad to hear it!! I'd love to run even half that distance at your pace! You're really getting better! I hope your knee didn't give you any trouble!!

Love2Run said...

Very good(I think)! You just jumped into a 20miler with no build over several weeks? Brave man on a newly re-constructed knee. RICE man!

Andrew said...

Talk about being back in the game. Good show.

olga said...

OMG, you mean you just ran 20 after a knee surgery, like, a month ago?? Man, you give me hope...and show me who the real crazy is:) Ice!

Kate said...

After your run you sounded happier than a fly in poop.

Michael Jay Dotson said...

If you can pull of this 100 mile thing on a reconstructed knee I’m going to dub you the “Bionic Runner”.
Train smart.