Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Kicking Some Rust Off

Ran 5.0 miles @ 8:53/mile pace.
AHR = 143
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 50s, cloudy changing to partly cloudy.

First run in over three weeks. Felt good. I wondered how I'd do and overall, better than expected. Ran with a coworker who had never run five miles before, so that helped me keep the pace in check.

I'm typing this about an hour after the run. Legs feel like they've almost done twice the distance, but that's just rust. My HR did stay nice and low (for me) though. That's a good sign. As for the knee, I of course could feel it. I suspect some days will be better than others. Today it was just a dull pain, but it didn't seem to affect my gait.

All in all, felt absolutely great to run again.

3 comments:

Runner NYC said...

Welcome back to the road! Take it easy and light, though, until you know how your knee fares at different paces and distances. I can go all out for about 6 miles, but as soon as I go past that, at any pace, my knee starts to hurt (oddly enough, only when I stop running). Run smart and you'll be just fine!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Running again!

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Good job - keep it going!