Sunday, June 15, 2014

Barefoot Five

Opted to run barefoot on the athletic fields to help loosen things up. Went well. Normally, this is very boring. The loop is 6/10 of a mile and therefore quite monotonous. The excitement factor is pretty nil.

Today, however, I had some good side entertainment as a boy and a man, presumably his grandfather, were flying a remote control airplane overhead. I've always been drawn to many of the "nerdier" hobbies, and found it pretty fascinating to watch. They left after I had a few miles in, but my mind remained occupied with other happy thoughts and time went by quickly.

Weather was really nice. Dry air has moved in and with a somewhat cool breeze out of the northwest made it an especially nice morning to get out. Breaks in the humidity are always welcome from this time of year through September.

This could be my last run until the end of the week, as tomorrow afternoon I'm heading north for several days to camp and fly fish. The trip of course will no doubt be a blast, but I am regretting that I likely won't be able to get in any running. Signing up for that 50-miler definitely has me rejuvenated. Perhaps if I can manage to wake up early tomorrow, I can get in a few miles.

Ran 5.1 miles @ 9:41/mile pace.
Grass fields.
Flat.
Barefoot, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.
Upper 60s, partly cloudy.

No comments: