Tuesday, June 03, 2014

A Break in the Routine

Didn't teach today, since I was scheduled to go to Southern Maine Community College for dual enrollment orientation. I'll be teaching one of their courses to my high school students and they'll get free college credit out of it, which of course is a great opportunity and I'm excited about that.

Said orientation didn't begin until 10am, which allowed a nice window to easily get in a run before I headed out. Ran the seven mile loop in the woods out back. Went quite well. Easy paced and a rather enjoyable run in the woods.

After the seminar, I swung by the river on the way home to fly fish. Beautiful afternoon out, aside from a pretty gusty wind which made casting a bit tricky but double hauling and keeping the line low helped a lot. Ended up catching a smallmouth and a brookie on a bead-headed nymph.

Low water levels. 

Blurry pic of the brookie (was in a hurry to return him to the water)
Ran 7.3 miles @ 9:49/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Mid 50s, sunny.
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: