Sunday, May 18, 2014

Call It A Tempo Run

Ran the big loop out back again, but took a detour on a horse trail that goes around a badly damaged ATV bridge. Felt great so I let the pace drop, especially in the second half. Very fun run.

Several ATV'ers out which provided some good entertainment. The first group I encountered was a guy and a young female, presumably his daughter. The guy had just skirted around a very large, deep mud puddle on his dirt bike, but the girl on the ATV was on the other side and looked hesitant to cross. I nodded a greeting to the guy as I passed, then I ran smack dab through the deepest part of the puddle, not slowing down much despite the mid-thigh muddy water. Once on the other side I told the girl "That's how you do it" as I ran by and proceeded up the next hill. 

Another group was very large. Perhaps about a dozen of them in all, spread out along a long downhill. All were very polite and moved way over as I came along, which was much appreciated.

Overall pace was pretty darn speedy. Breaking 9:00/mile on this route is rarely accomplished. Given that, I'll chalk it up as a tempo run. 

Ran 7.4 miles @ 8:55/mile pace. 
Trails. 
Very hilly. 
Mid 60s, partly cloudy. 
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt. 

No comments: