Friday, May 30, 2014

Beating the Storm

I did have plans to chunk and swing large streamers in a nearby river to go after some larger trout and salmon I suspect exist in one particular run, but the radar showed some boom boom moving in and I changed plans.

So, for once, I cancelled fly fishing in favor of running, rather than the other way around. With lightning possible, I figured running under dense tree cover was much safer than being out on a large, open river while waving a nine foot graphite rod.

Besides, the run would be short since I have something longer planned with Ryan and John tomorrow. I could also beat the storm, and I did. However, as I type this, the skies are darkening and a distant thunder is rumbling on the horizon. Yep, good call to go running instead. 

Ran 3.5 miles @ 9:27/mile pace. 
Trails. 
Very hilly. 
Mid 60s, partly cloudy, humid. 
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt. 

No comments: