Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Morning Run in Rockland

I'm up in Rockland for a conference, staying at a pretty swanky hotel with an amazing view of the ocean and two lighthouses from my room. I was musing during my run that I travel much more as a teacher than I ever did in my prior career as a news producer. Funny.

The conference ran late last night and unfortunately I wasn't able to run. But I was psyched to wake up this morning and get in a few laps around the golf course, admiring the views of the ocean as I trotted along at a slow pace. I'm never good with speed on the earlier morning runs.

A bit of an auspicious end to the run when I walked up to what I thought was the sliding glass door to my room but it wasn't. Dressed in all black and wearing a beanie, I think I scared some poor woman to death who was still in bed. Oops. I yelled sorry and walked away quickly, my face redder than the rising sun.

Ran 6.2 miles @ 8:12/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A (forgot to pack my HR strap)
Paved and dirt golf cart paths.
Moderately hilly.
40 degrees, dawn, partly cloudy.
Clothing: Long pants, fleece jacket over short sleeved tech shirt, beanie (felt overdressed).

3 comments:

Blaine Moore said...

Was she cute?

Heheh.

Love2Run said...

Ha! Terrorist! Looks like an amazing place for a conference.

Adelyn said...

haha...great story :)

What a nice place! And you got to go there as a teacher? Hmm...maybe I'll get as lucky someday :D