Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Aiming for Marathon Pacing

Ran 8.0 miles (2.0 miles warm-up, 6.0 miles at MP)
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Weather: mid-50s, breezy.

Today's run was around the campus of my alma mater, the University of Florida. First two miles I did with my brother and dad as a warm-up and then I took off on my own.

Mile 1: 9:31
Mile 2: 8:53
Mile 3: 6:58
Mile 4: 6:53
Mile 5: 7:00
Mile 6: 6:45
Mile 7: 6:55
Mile 8: 6:51

My target MP is 7:10, so like a few days ago, I was stepping on the gas a bit too hard. Still, it was nice knowing I could do so after nine straight days of running with no problem. However, I did puke after the run, but it was only because my stomach didn't agree too much with the breakfast bake I ate a few hours before. I was fine though.

I do have a pacer on my Garmin that I'd like to start experimenting with to help me hit 7:10/mile better on my MP runs.

I may take a rest day tomorrow. I feel like I could use one. We'll see.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

You know you're getting into running when stomach distress doesn't slow you down. I had a similar issue on my Christmas run but I decided not to share. ha ha!