Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Running in Orchards

Ran 6.0 miles. Pace varied.

It was fun exploring new running territory today with the XC team that took us through an apple orchard. We ran 2.0 miles to the farm, with the last one being a very grueling uphill. I definitely charged up it faster than I should have, but made it a point to take it easy the rest of the day, which I managed to do.

When we arrived, everyone was free to break up and do their own workouts. I took it light and just jogged around the main orchard and also down to a pond and back. That was an additional two miles for me, while most of the others ran longer.

We ran the same route back to the school, for another two. It was a bit laborious overall, but that's to be expected at this point. Tomorrow will definitely be a rest day.

No comments: