Monday, October 09, 2006

Back Cove Run

Ran 3.56 miles @ 7:40/mile pace.

I thought it'd be fun to go into Portland to run the Back Cove this morning, so that's what I did. I saw one of my running friends, Jim, there running the opposite direction that I was. It's always nice to see a familiar face during a run. It's also nice to just see other runners in general, and they are always out at the Back Cove. I live in a rural area so I never see others out when I'm running near my home. A change of scenery every now and then is always good.

Today was another day of nice weather, albeit a touch on the warm side (temps in the 50s during my run, getting up into the lower 70s today). I took it easy for the most part and just trotted along. I'm still feeling good for the MDI Marathon and can't wait.

4 comments:

Love2Run said...

Hi Jamie,
thanks for the visits. Now as far as listening to Andrew on running every day... that's a case of do as I say not do as I do... Everyone is different and the rest is likely the most important part of the equation. Looking forward to see how you make out in MDI. Start slow, cruise to mile 20 and hope to have something at the end...;-)

Jamie Anderson said...

True, true... I've been listening to my body, and I think I'll take a rest day tomorrow or the next day. But the hay is starting to pile back up in the barn and my recent runs haven't been burning any of it up. Fire prevention is key at this point.

Olga said...

Jamie, finishing VT50 in under 10 hrs and on a first try is very impressive! You should be very proud! Now, you are well qualified for WS100 lottery - evry thought of jumping off the bridge? I did:)
I have friends in Maine and when used to come visit them (while living on East coast), I trained on rural roads around Portland area. Dogs are fierce there! Hills seemed to be so huge! That was a while ago...but good memories.

MB said...

best of luck to you at MDI, stay strong, focused and tear up the miles