Monday, September 23, 2013

A Farewell to Lumps


Some minor surgery to remove a couple of cysts proved to be great timing. I had them taken out on Friday; a small one on my right shin and a bigger one on my right side. The doctor said I could start running again on Monday (today), which was the plan anyway to give the right heel a break.

Glad to have those suckers out. I'm a bit lighter and more aerodynamic as a result, so hopefully I'll be a little faster once I get my fitness back (mostly joking there).

And that heel, here's my latest theory: My trail shoes suck. That's about all there is to it. No problems on roads... only on trails in shoes that never really felt right. So long Peregrine 3s... you can go the way of my tumors.

Today's test run: Went well. Obvious rust, but my stitches didn't burst, so that's always good. Onward.

Ran 2.0 miles @ 8:18/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 50s, partly cloudy.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: