Saturday, April 06, 2013

Last Double-Digit Run

Last run over 10 miles before Boston. Felt really, really great and had to hold back, which is where anyone in a taper should ideally be at this point. Pretty pumped.

Chillier day out and pretty breezy as well. At least there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Felt sufficiently warmed up after four miles and after that the legs felt really spry. I had to constantly remind myself to slow down since the pace was supposed to be easy. Good signs. I'll be going bonkers next week with even more minimal running.

It was announced this morning that Meb pulled out of the elite field for Boston. Bummer. He's got a pretty amazing life story, I highly recommend his book. Great read.

Ran 10.2 miles @ 7:48/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 20s to lower 30s, sunny, breezy.
Saucony Virrata, warm-up pants, fleece pullover, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

1 comment:

David said...

Jamie, you've got amazing restraint man. Every time I read your posts I see you making super smart training choices that result in outstanding race performances. Congrats on a great training season and wishing you nothing but the best at Boston!!