Thursday, December 20, 2012

End of the World Eve

The basement is stocked with canned goods. Survival skills practiced and honed. Munitions checked and good to go. Ha ha ha, I kid, I kid. The interpretation of the Mayan calendar allegedly predicting the end of the world tomorrow is a source of many jokes, and for good reason. The world had a much better chance of ending with the Bay of Pigs Invasion, but still, things might get interesting tomorrow:



My legs and general motivation felt like they were anticipating the end, though. This seems to happen around this time of the year almost every year. Tis the Season. Holidays are always a good kind of hectic, aside that they do tend to distract my running. If history repeats itself, I'll be launching like a rocket in a few weeks. Unless, of course, the Mayans are right.

Ran 4.3 miles @ 7:52/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 30s, overcast.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: