Saturday, October 06, 2012

To Catch a Falling Leaf

Had a fun morning helping out Jeff with the Craig Cup 5K. I teamed up with Ian to help mark the course which was especially fun as it seems like I haven't spent some one-on-one time with Ian in a while. It was great catching up. The race itself went well and it was fun to see everyone. Afterwards, headed home, ate lunch, took a nap and then went for a run.

Really warm out by the time I headed out the door. Bit humid as well. A cold front was approaching but doggonit... unfortunately, I beat it and the rains and cooler temps it brought with it. Temperatures dropped at least 12 degrees a few hours after the run. Glad we'll have very cool weather all next week though.

Felt out of sync at first, likely because of the warm temps, grogginess from the nap and the recent lunch. However, by the time I climbed the ridge I felt better and the pace began to drop, and a bit too much at that. Should have done a better job at keeping myself in check, but I can take solace in that I'll be doing a trail run tomorrow and I can govern my pace a lot better on the trails. Legs just feel so dang springy and spry right now. Taper worms....

Windy out today as well. It made catching falling leaves during the run a lot of fun. Leaves are closing in on their peak colors in my area and the scenery is fantastic. So great to run in such a variety of color, especially when it's contrasted against overcast skies. I love autumn.

Ran 10.1 miles @ 7:31/mile pace.
Leaves caught: 5.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Lower-mid 70s, partly cloudy to overcast, windy.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Sparkplug said...

Glad you are feeling so good running! That bodes well for MDI for sure! And yes, autumn is awesome! Can't wait for cooler temps to return next week!!