Friday, August 24, 2012

Noontime Run

Came home from cross country practice and hung out with Kate for a bit until she left for her classroom to get ready for the upcoming year. By then it was noon and a bit warm out, but decided to go ahead and run now since the pace was easy, it wasn't very humid and plus I'd be in the woods, which means plenty of shade.

Didn't notice any deer flies today. Two days ago I only heard one or two buzz past my ear when I had stopped, but not even that today. Legs are thanking me for taking it easy this week and hopefully I'll be thanking them tomorrow at a 5K I'm doing. The race proceeds will benefit a running friend who was recently stricken with cancer.

I'll be going all out tomorrow and hope to break the PR I set earlier this year at the Back Cove (18:55). That was on packed trails, so hopefully the paved roads will give me the speed necessary to get under that pretty nicely.

Ran 5.4 miles @ 10:13/mile pace.
Technical trails, some dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Around 80 degrees, partly cloudy.
New Balance MT110, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap, handheld bottle (water).

No comments: