Sunday, March 18, 2012

Getting My Muddy's Worth

Capped off the week with a muddy trail run in the woods across the street. Goal was recovery, which meant I could simply go slow and enjoy it. As always, it was great to be out in the woods, even if it was insanely warm outside (70F/21C).

Finished the week with 65.4 miles. Not bad, considering I was coming off the half marathon a week ago. If I included that race for a seven day period that would have ended yesterday I would have had 75 miles for the week. Quality workouts to boot. I feel I'm peaking at the right time and with the upcoming taper for Boston, I should have a really great race there and do something special (knock on wood).

Speaking of Boston, they released the bib numbers a few days ago. Your bib number is also your seed. This year, I'm 6584. Despite having a qualifying time that is about two and a half minutes faster than last year's, my number is higher (last year I was 6298). Faster field, obviously. Looking forward to it!

Ran 6.2 miles @ 9:33/mile pace.
Trails, muddy.
Very hilly.
Mid 50s to around 70, sunny.
New Balance MT110, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

4 comments:

mindy said...

Adds up to a prime number...lucky!!

MB said...

I am looking for you to crack 3Hours!

Jamie Anderson said...

Thanks Mark. That's the goal.

Jeremy Bonnett said...

You're on your way man and definitely doing the work!