Monday, August 22, 2011

Progression Run

It's been a long time since I've had a run where I felt like I was firing on all cylinders. Today, the planets aligned and I definitely had a solid "F%&$ yeah!" kind of run.

I did a very hilly seven mile loop from the school. I was taking it easy at first while working the climb up the ridge. Then I started to let it rip. In all fairness, the last two miles were downhill but the splits still turned out a pretty nice progression.

Splits:
1 - 8:03
2 - 7:39
3 - 7:28
4 - 7:31
5 - 6:53
6 - 6:33
7 - 5:54
last .1 - 5:41/mile pace.

Interval work aside, that's the first time I've ever had a split go sub-6 during a training run. Pretty sweet. But I was just happy to feel in sync and comfortable pushing the pace a bit. I've run this route dozens of times, and this could be the fastest I've ever done it, but I don't care enough to check.

Great weather today as well. Cold front pushed through yesterday bringing cooler dry air and some pretty strong winds with it, which was great to run in.



Ran 7.1 miles @ 7:08/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Around 70 degrees, partly cloudy, windy.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

Today's run rocked almost as much as these guys:

No comments: